Damaging wind gusts are also expected.
Already heavy rain has caused multiple vehicle accidents within the shire with vehicles sliding off greasy roads.
Roads are beginning to close due to flooding and already include:
- ·Subway Avenue at Pomona;
- ·Old Hollett’s Road at Doonan,
- ·Eumundi Road before Beckman’s Road
The Local Disaster Centre Coordinator Alan (Fox) Rogers advises Noosa Shire residents to:
- ·Keep off the roads, particularly after midday
- ·If you have to be on the roads to collect children from day care centres or schools this morning, drive very slowly
- ·If it’s flooded, forget it!
All schools are closed.
All bus travel in the Shire is free from 10am today.
Sandbags are already in short supply with stocks depleted overnight and this morning.
Sandbags are only available at Tewantin SES Depot at Goodwin Street opposite the Tewantin State School.