Intense rainfall, flash flooding warning for hinterland
A severe thunderstorm warning's been issued for parts of the southeast.
The Bureau of Meteorology says areas including Caboolture, Esk, and Kilcoy can expect heavy, possibly intense rainfall over the next several hours, which could lead to life-threatening flash flooding.
Gatton has already copped 45 millimetres in just 30 minutes this morning.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
Heavy rainfall that could lead to flash flooding likely from thunderstorms over the next several hours. https://t.co/uUkQLWefzD#Caboolture #Esk #Gatton #Kilcoy #Laidley and #Lowood#SEQld pic.twitter.com/UKxg31U9Gh— Bureau of Meteorology, Queensland (@BOM_Qld) November 21, 2021