Severe storm warning for Sunshine Coast
Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Southeast Queensland for DAMAGING WINDS, LARGE HAILSTONES and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in Sunshine Coast and parts of Noosa and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 3:39 pm Tuesday, 17 November 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:35 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Conondale and Beerwah. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Caloundra and the area southwest of Caloundra by 4:05 pm and Maroochydore and waters off Caloundra by 4:35 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
(Photo: Bureau of Meteorology.)