STAY INFORMED: Upper Kandanga Grassfire
UPDATE | Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) crews will continue to monitor a grass fire burning near Kandanga Creek Road and Colburn Road.
This fire is contained and posing no threat to property at this time.
Smoke may affect the area throughout the evening.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution and to conditions.
Residents are advised to close windows and doors and keep their medications close by, if required.
If residents are concerned their property is under threat they are advised to call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
EARLIER | Bushfire warning level: ADVICE
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) advises there is a grassfire in Upper Kandanga.
You need to keep up to date and decide what actions you will take if the situation changes.
Currently as at 3.20pm Wednesday 6 November, a grassfire continue to burn in the vicinity of Kandanga Creek Road and Colburn Road.
Multiple QFES crews are on scene working to contain the fire.
People in the area will be affected by smoke, which will reduce visibility and air quality.
Call Triple Zero (000) immediately if you believe you or your property is under threat.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Listen to your local radio station or visit the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website for regular updates.
• If you have a bushfire survival plan, refer to it now and be ready to follow it.
• If you do not have a bushfire survival plan, or if your plan is to leave, identify where you will go if the situation changes.
• Close windows and doors to minimise smoke exposure.
• If you suffer from a respiratory condition, keep your medication close by.
• Drive with caution in low visibility conditions.
• Contact your neighbours to see if they need help preparing for the bushfire.
• Consider finding your essential items (e.g., identification documents, prescription medication, food and water, and protective clothing such as a long-sleeved cotton shirt and trousers, and boots) in case you need to leave.
• Consider what you will do to protect your pets and livestock.
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
• Advise family and friends of your intended actions if the situation changes.
KEEP UP TO DATE BY:
• Following QFES on Facebook (@QldFireandEmergencyServices) and Twitter (@QldFES)
• Staying tuned to your local radio station. Find your local ABC radio station at https://radio.abc.net.au/help/
• Visiting the Rural Fire Service (RFS) website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/map
• For bushfire preparation tips, visit the RFS website: www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au/
• For information about road closures, call 13 19 40 or visit www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
The next update will be provided when the situation changes.