Nick Cave announces death of son aged 31
Nick Cave's son Jethro Lazenby on the runway for Australian Fashion Week in Sydney in 2006 (AP Photo/Eduardo Verdugo; inset: AAP Image/Tracey Nearmy)
Australian singer Nick Cave has confirmed the death of his son Jethro at the age of 31.
The Bad Seeds musician, known for hits such as Into My Arms and One More Time With Feeling, said his son had "passed away".
In a statement, the frontman said: "With much sadness, I can confirm that my son, Jethro, has passed away.
"We would be grateful for family privacy at this time."
Learned of the heartbreaking news that one of Nick Cave’s sons passed away. I can’t even possibly imagine what he is possibly going through, losing two sons in the process of seven years. My heart goes out to Nick, Susie, and the rest of the family. Rest In Peace, Jethro Lazenby. pic.twitter.com/0o82SbWDaL— Dylan Slemp 🐵 (@elongatedbean) May 9, 2022
Fashion model Jethro had previously been jailed following an assault on his mother Beau Lazenby, and was diagnosed with schizophrenia, according to the Guardian.
It is the second family tragedy for Cave, following the accidental death in 2015 of one of his twin sons Arthur, who was 15.
© PAA 2022