Forager Launches for Switch and PS4 Stores
The charming 2D open world adventure of Forager is now available on Nintendo SwitchTM and PlayStation®4, including an exclusive poster and stickers. Inspired by the most beloved exploration, farming and crafting games, Forager offers gamers a chance to make their own way in a creative, customised experience. The retail edition is now available at Australian retailers.
From developer HopFrog and publisher Humble Bundle, Forager allows players to explore and establish themselves in its pixel-pleasant world with their own unique play-style. The free-form upgrade system allows players to customise their experience, focusing on – or balancing between – pursuits of farming, foraging, dungeoneering, archaeology, combat, puzzle-solving and base-building. With a slew of divergent biomes to traverse, non-playable characters to interact with and random events to encounter, Forager offers countless experiences to keep players engaged in the world.
In Forager, players can:
- Become an Adventurer – Fearless explorers can seek out puzzles and hidden treasure chests filled with blueprints and goodies, face mighty bosses, or raid four distinct old-school dungeons all in the pursuit of levelling up to learn new skills and abilities and unlocking new weapon recipes.
- Become a Farmer – Vegetables, flowers, fruit, strange herbs and even rocks and minerals are ready to cultivate with the right tactics. Animals can also become part of the family and just need some petting, food and care to win over their deepest loyalties through the Love System.
- Become a Gatherer – A wide variety of consumables and materials are available to forage, fish, mine, hunt, dig and farm across various biomes. The rarest discoveries can be turned in at the local Museum to showcase and earn special rewards.
- Become a Merchant – Forager is full of resources to exploit. Players can sell everything, buy more, and then sell those items at a profit and manufacture an empire through trade and aggressive expansion.
- Become a Builder – All the land is ripe for building and growing a base from nothing. With tons of design and decoration options, serene farms, industrial hubs, defensive fortresses, cosy cottages, and any other dream bases are possible.
- Become… [fill in the blank] – The world of Forager is designed for the player’s choice. Everyone can set their own goals and work towards them.